Social media marketing is essential for small business and though it has proved to be the perfect way to increase your online presence, sometimes it can be daunting to get started. In order for you to be on the right track, it is advisable that you start with the most popular sites. We’ll start with Facebook and Twitter.
How you choose to use the sites is crucial. Some of the guiding principles that can be applied easily for this purpose are;
- Plan your message properly. This is simply what you are going to talk about concerning your business
- Determine the frequency you will make posts available to your clients
- Offer high quality content that is both unique and outstanding to your clients
- Ensure regular interaction with your clients and target market
- Be yourself and always keep any information you offer simple
The use of a social media checklist is a simple way to control your business networking and increase your online presence. A constant increase in your online conversions will eventually result in sales that will see your business improve and help establish your brand.
Your role on Facebook will include;
- Making your personal profile strong and professional but still maintain a unique appeal
- Creating a fan page that will consistently engage your target market.
- Updating your goals and objectives after clear analysis. In other words, what you can improve on your Facebook page and why you are really there
- Developing plans that will attract more fans to your site
- Adding your Facebook badge to your website and blog
- Keeping your Facebook page updated. This needs to be done quite often, every day or twice a day if possible. Consistency is the key on any social media site
While using twitter, you need to keep some things in mind like;
- Make sure your custom background is professional and compelling
- Work towards your objectives set initially at the start of social media marketing through twitter. In case your goals and objectives need to be changed do so and ensure you achieve the original purpose of involving twitter in your business marketing
- Create new plans and update them regularly to attract more followers on this site
- Regulate the number of times you tweet in a day. A close examination of this will tell you whether you need to do more or less of this to achieve more twitter objectives. This will also help you in developing a new plan through observing the tweets that received responses from your followers and those that did not.
Other social media accounts
To be effective at social media marketing, there are a variety of other social sites that you can try to promote your marketing strategies. Keeping updated with the new and popular social sites enables you to offer your clients more choice. Established large sites such as LinkedIn and Pinterest are very important to consider in your online social media marketing. They can help you reach a larger audience within a short period of time.
Through proper investigation of these social media sites, you will be able to focus on the most relevant ones to help your business build a better online presence that in turn may help in achieving higher conversions for your business.
More on Social Media that might interest you
Social Media Page
Social Media Strategy Example